The R Programming assignment involves exploring a dataset related to music preferences and subscription patterns. The dataset contains information on customers, including demographic details, driving habits, music preferences, and subscription status. The goal is to analyze the data and draw insights to make recommendations for SiriusXM's promotional approach.
- Data Exploration:
- The dataset consists of 895 customers and 10 variables.
- Summary statistics and structure of the dataset were examined, revealing no missing values.
- Males drive longer distances than females, and the difference is statistically significant.
- A Welch Two Sample t-test was performed, resulting in a p-value of 0.003268.
- Females have a statistically significant higher household income than males.
- A Welch Two Sample t-test yielded a p-value of 0.00557.
- While females commute more, the difference is not statistically significant.
- A chi-squared test showed a p-value of 0.2448.
- Males have a significantly higher enthusiasm for driving and music.
- Both drivingEnthuse and musicEnthuse showed significant differences (p-values < 0.05).
- Females tend to subscribe to music more, but the difference is not significant.
- A chi-squared test resulted in a p-value of 0.1863.
- Segments were analyzed based on various factors like income, miles driven, and demographics.
- Significant differences were found in miles driven and household income among segments.
- ANOVA tests were conducted to determine significant differences in miles driven and income across segments.
- Significant differences were observed for both miles driven and income.
- Mean income with confidence intervals for each segment was visualized.
- A two-way ANOVA was performed to examine the relationship between income, subscription, and segments.
- No significant interaction was found between segments and subscriptions.
- A stepwise procedure was used to build a model to explain miles driven.
- The final model included subscribeToMusic and Segment variables.
- A chi-squared test confirmed a significant difference in the total number of subscribers.
- Properties of subscribers (subYes) and non-subscribers (subNo) were analyzed, revealing differences in income, miles driven, and other factors.
- SiriusXM should target commuters, individuals with no kids at home, and those with higher income for promotions.
- These groups show a higher probability of subscribing based on the analysis.
In summary, SiriusXM should tailor its promotional efforts based on customer segments and demographics, focusing on driving habits, music preferences, and income levels for a more effective marketing strategy.