SPSS simply means Statistical Package for Social Sciences, and it is one of the best tools for editing and analyzing data. Launched in 1968, SPSS is used in manipulating all sorts of data from any source including Google Analytics, customer databases, scientific researches, etc. SPSS can work with all the file formats used for data structuring today such as:
- MS Excel Spreadsheets
- Plaint text files (.csv or.txt)
- Relational databases
We are glad to announce that college and university students can now avail SPSS help from Statistics Assignment Experts whenever they need it. Those who need assignment writing assistance can easily place orders through the ‘submit your assignment’ button provided on this page. We have also catered to scholars who would like to hire an online SPSS tutor. They can do so by contacting us through our live chat or email service, tell us the SPSS topic they need assistance with and we will hook them up with the best tutor for that topic. Even though most of our clients are from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, and Malaysia, it is possible for students in other countries to take help with SPSS from us.
The Significance Of SPSS In Research And Data Analysis
SPSS is a popular tool in research because it helps scientists to process and analyze critical data. Studying research data can be a time consuming and complex process but SPSS has robust built-in features and techniques that enable easier and quicker data handling. These tools and techniques help in achieving faster analysis, transformation, and production of characteristic patterns and trends between different data variables.SPSS also provides graphical representation tools that makes it easier for the user to understand the resulting data output. Below are some of the tools, features, and techniques that make SPSS such a handy software in research and data handling:
- Data transformation: SPSS data transformation tools are utilized in the conversion of data formats. You can input data in this software in different formats and the data transformation feature will change the structure of this data according to the system requirements and specifications to make it easier to execute. Learn more about SPSS data transformation tools from our SPSS helpers.
- Regression analysis: SPSS is used to examine the relationship between dependent and independent variables in a set of data. It also helps us understand how changes in independent variables affect the dependent variables. The main objective of regression analysis is to study how different variables are related and SPSS has been a resourceful tool in this aspect.
- ANalysis Of VAriance (ANOVA): This is a statistical technique used in SPSS to find the differences between various processes, events, or groups. It helps data analysis figure out the most appropriate method for executing a task.
- (Multivariate Analysis Of VAriance) MANOVA: This technique is used to perform comparisons of random variables. It is mostly used when the values of variables are unknown. MANOVA can also be applied in the study of different populations or groups of people to understand the factors that affect their choices and way of life.
If you need assistance understanding how SPSS is used in data handling whether in assignment writing or just mastering the concepts of this topic, contact us right away for help with SPSS.
Features Of SPSS
SPSS boasts of several features that make data manipulation more effective. For instance:
- SPSS stores data in .SAV format, which makes manipulation, analysis, and pulling of this data very simple.
- Most of the processes in SPSS are automated, which enables researchers to build data models easily.
- Characteristics of SPSS such as predictive models, assumptions, and trend analysis help researchers to manipulate critical data.
- SPSS is one of the easiest statistical tools to learn and use.
- SPSS provides researchers with comprehensive statistical capabilities and features for analyzing the exact results of a study.
- SPSS enables data scientists to design, plot, present, and report information for more clarity.
For more information about the features of SPSS, connect with our SPSS helpers.
Types Of SPSS
SPSS has two main types of views: data view and variable view.
Data view: The data view of SPSS is nothing more than rows and columns. It enables us to import files and add data manually, which helps us to identify trends and patterns in data.
Variable view: The variable view in SPSS includes the following features:
- Name: This is simply a columnfield that enables us to input unique data IDs. Having a unique identification of data helps us to sort out different information parameters for easier data analysis. Examples of parameters that we can use to sort data are, name, age, gender, academic qualification etc. The only downside of the ‘name’ filed is that it does not allow special characters.
- Label: As the name suggests, this field allows us to label our data. Unlike the ‘name’ field , the ‘label’ field allows us to add special characters.
- Type: This field allows us to specify the kind of data we are inserting.
- Width: It helps us to know how long the characters we are entering in a certain field are.
- Decimal: If you are dealing with data that has decimal values, this field will help you specify how many digits you want displayed after the decimal.
- Value: This field will help you input the values of your data.
- Missing: You can use this field if you have missing data, or if you want to skip data that you feel is not relevant to the study.
- Align: This feature allows you to place, or rather, align your values to left, right, center, etc.
- Measure: You use this tool to measure the data you input in various fields. Some of the measuring tools provided by SPSS include nominal, cardinal, and ordinal.
We can help you get the basics of this topic onto your fingertips. Just contact us for online tutoring or general help with SPSS and we will be glad to offer our services.
SPSS Programs Used For Data Analysis
SPSS provides four impressive programs that help researchers perform their complex data manipulation activities. These include:
- Statistics program: This program offers a wide range of statistical functions for data analysis including cross tabulation, bivariate statistics, and frequencies.
- Modeler program: The modeler program provided by SPSS offers advanced statistical procedures that enable data analysts to develop and test predictive models.
- Text analytics for surveys: This program enables survey administrators to uncover useful insights from the responses provided in open-ended survey questions.
- Visualization designer:This program allows analysts to create visuals such as radial boxplots and density charts using data easily.
Apart from these four programs, SPSS also offers tools for data management, allowing researchers to create derived data and perform case selection and file reshaping. In addition, the software provides a feature for data documentation that helps data analysts store metadata dictionaries. A metadata dictionary is simply a repository of information regarding the data being studied. It could contain the meaning of the data, its relationship to other data sets, format, usage, origin, etc.
We advise students to seek SPSS help whenever they find themselves overwhelmed with the projects in the subject or whenever they need a professional to shed some light into certain concepts. Statistics Assignment Experts would be the perfect place to seek this service from because we have the most experienced SPSS experts.